We are looking for a Key Account Manager in Germany / DACH
to drive our expanding bedding business in the DACH region.
Join one of the largest European bedding manufacturers Wendre Group
– We help the world sleep better!
We help people to make the most of sleep, furnishing bedrooms and other spaces that were created for rest. We believe that proper sleep is the cornerstone of quality of life.
With our own manufacturing units in Estonia and Poland we have a yearly production capacity of 18 million quilts & pillows and 600.000 beds & mattresses.
Wendre Group is having sales offices in Germany, Poland, Sweden, Finland and Estonia. The customers include many of the leading European retail chains in both furniture’s and home textiles as well as in the Professional part of the industry. Wendre’s sales turnover amounts to M€ 120 and are having around 900 employees. The main part of our business is private labels but we are also successful with our own brands Familon, Wendre and Geska.
Wendre Group is environmentally conscious and applies the latest technologies to reuse up to 95% of production leftovers.
Why work at Wendre?
Wendre Group is a very solid company. Wendre has further growth potential, and in parallel, we are open to grow through potential acquisitions. So, these are exciting times, giving the new Key Account Manager a big exposure and the opportunity to make a large impact in short time. It is an exceptional chance to be part of the next chapter of the company in this competitive industry.
As Key Account Manager for the DACH region, your goal is to strategically drive our expanding quilt, pillow, beds and mattress business. We aim to deliver premium sleep solutions that provide truly satisfying value to our customers and delight end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans in line with the strategic plan and budget for the business unit.
- Proactively develop relationships with key accounts and potential customers.
- Operational execution and excellence of sales and marketing plans.
- Sales training for shop staff and handling of claims.
- Ongoing performance evaluation and action to further improve sales growth and profitability.
- Responsible for the sales and product portfolio strategy of the business unit as per the strategic plan.
- Monitor and respond to changes in the market and/or competitors’ products, sales and marketing activities.
- Translating market and customer insights into portfolio and product strategies that drive our performance.
- Working closely with our product development team, maintain a long-term product roadmap and strategy for each category and market segment for each key account client.
- Research, design and validate the contribution and need of products and portfolios throughout the business lifecycle for each key account client.
The place of work
This is a permanent position for the preferred person to start as soon as possible. The work location is hybrid, which means that it alternates between home office and presence in our sales office in Alzey (near Frankfurt). The role mainly involves travel within Germany, but also within Europe.
- Experience in sales management / key account management, preferably with more than 3 years of experience working with large retail chains in the DACH region and sound textile knowledge.
- Business acumen, understanding of key business KPIs and the ability to make decisions about business professionals and the impact of projects/actions.
- Strong understanding of home and sleep solutions markets, ideally in an international environment.
- Higher education in economics, business administration, marketing or similar.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent organisation, self-starter, high level of personal responsibility and ability to prioritise.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Systematic approach, accuracy and time management.
- Commercial mindset. Understands business and can challenge it.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to our German management:
Beate Knell / firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries will of course be treated confidentially.
We look forward to receiving your application!